Track Flights Online
“After midnight, the moon set, and I was alone with the stars. I have often said that the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, and I need no other flight to convince me that the reason flyers fly, whether they know it or not, is the aesthetic appeal of flying.” -Amelia Earhart
FlightAware provides free flight tracking of private and commercial aircraft in more than 45 countries across the Americas, Europe and Oceania. Based in Houston, it is currently the largest flight tracking website with more than six million users worldwide. FlightAware provides services and data to aircraft and airport operators, as well as other aviation organizations to assist in their operations. They also provide enterprise services and tools to aircraft operators worldwide, and flight tracking systems to airports. The website has real-time information for most instrument flight rules flights in Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, and the United States.
Enter an airport by airport code or name to view:
- a list of aircraft inbound, outbound, or scheduled to be inbound/outbound,
- a map of the area with radar weather overlay,
- a graph of airport operations, and
- links to airport information.
Searches can be made by airline flight number or an aircraft’s registration for non-commercial flights. Flights can also be selected from an airport’s status page. Information provided includes:
- proposed departure and arrival times,
- actual departure and arrival times,
- proposed and actual altitude,
- proposed and actual airspeed,
- a four month history of a flight or aircraft,
- time elapsed and time remaining, and
- an aircraft’s filed route.